Monday, August 30, 2010

The First Day of School


Is it just me, or was this the shortest summer ever? I can't believe school started today. I always have mixed feelings on the first day of school. Part of me is jumping for joy, well, most of me is jumping for joy, but I have a little sadness and worry about sending my kids off into the cold, cruel world.

Carolyn and Molly were dressed and ready, shoes and all, before I even got out of bed this morning. I always make sure my kids have a brand new pair of shoes to wear on the first day of school. When I took Carolyn to her first day of kindergarten, she wore the sandals that she wore all summer since the weather was still hot. Then I saw that she was the only kid that was not wearing new shoes and I felt like the worst mom ever. Now I know better.

I have high hopes for this school year. We have a new principal that I have a really good feeling about. The girls' teachers seem nice. I have a lot of projects around the house that I think I might be able to accomplish with only half of my kids around.

3 comments:

HolliJo said...

We agree. This summer went by so fast. We were alright with that though, since it was 110+ for a way too much of it.

I can't believe how big and grown up they're getting! I hope they have fun. Good luck getting things done around the house! We miss you guys and can't wait for next summer to get to hang out again!

seven smiles said...

I have mixed emotions too.
We got a new principal as well--(good riddance to the old one!)

Hope your girls have a great year.

rebecca said...

Ditto your first paragraph - shortest summer ever, sort of mixed emotions but mostly so glad to be down 3 kids during the day.