Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Watercolor Memories

I miss our old house. I missed it really bad when we first moved. It was the house where we brought three of our babies home to. We have so many memories of our kids being little there. We had great neighbors, a great ward, and a great school. Our new house just didn't feel like home yet.

Now, more than two years later, I still miss it but not as badly as I did then. Our new house is starting to feel like it's actually ours. I can walk around in the dark without feeling uncomfortable. The kids have loved their teachers at the new school, and we've adjusted to our new ward. But I still wanted something in our new house to remember our old house. So I decided to dust off my watercolors and do a mini-painting. It's only about 3.5 by 5.5 inches and it is now framed and sits in my foyer.

4 comments:

HolliJo said...

Wow, that is amazing. I had no idea you were such a great artist! Yeah, it doesn't quite feel like home yet here either, I know the feeling.

leslie said...

holy smokes...that's awesome!

Jess and Jason said...

Wow Nichole! I love it. You are amazing.

Tiffany Rueckert said...

"I just dust off my watercolors"...

and you come up with this? I love it.