Last night I made Audrey's ruby slippers to complete her Dorothy costume. I decided that instead of buying red shiny shoes, I'd put glitter on her scuffed up, Sharpied-in hand-me-downs and then buy her new church shoes. I'm so thrilled with how they turned out, I might even glitter a pair of my own shoes. I just need to remember to buy her new shoes before Sunday!
She doesn't even know who Dorothy is but that is what I bought her in last year's Target clearance for 75% off so that's what she is wearing. But when I tried her costume on her she was very happy and said she loved being "a Dorfee."

3 comments:
Very crafty. You are awesome. Do you remember the silver shoes you helped me make for Homecoming? Or was it Prom? I was so proud of those shoes because we only spent like $3 for the whole deal. :)
Wow those turned out amazing! I want to go try it now. I can't believe how great they look. That's great recycling/saving $.
Those look fantastic! I am impressed.
I hope she is willing to go back to plain old boring ones on Sunday.
Post a Comment