Sunday, June 7, 2009
Fabulous 5k
Yesterday Greg, Carolyn, and I ran a 5k and, may I say, we all did awesome! Greg decided to run it about a week and a half ago and ran on the treadmill four, maybe five times to prepare for it. His time was 24:49!! I've been running four times a week for the last several weeks and got 29:07. I know it's not that impressive but I was thrilled. It was my first time breaking 30 minutes. I only wish I had known how close I was to breaking 29, maybe I could've kicked it up a little more in the end. Then there was Carolyn, the surprise all-star for the day. We decided to let her go with us that morning, so she hadn't practiced at all. She was going to walk with some redheaded friends and I was hoping she would be able to keep up with them. Much to my surprise, not long after the turnaround, I saw a cute little red-faced girl running towards me. I couldn't believe it was Carolyn, not that far behind me! She came in at 35:59. I am so unbelievably proud of her. She definitely has her daddy's running legs. I get sad when I think of the pain and suffering that she must have gone through during that run (because that's what I feel when I run) but she acts like it wasn't hard at all! She is amazing. You can read her account on her blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That is amazing! I was never a runner. I used to hide behind that big tower on the track when we had to run in school...lol! I think once I got 15 minutes on the mile...lol!!!!!! My mom made fun of me for like a week!
You guys are all awesome!!
Wow! Very impressive! Congratulations to all . . . moving on over to see Carolyn . . .
((hugs))
Kristin
Wow! Great job Klein family! Nice PR Nichole. My PR is 29:22, so you beat me. :) And how annoying is it that the dads can just show up without much training and run so fast?! David is the same way.
And Carolyn, that is impressive! Keep it up!
Post a Comment