I can see my potted cherry tomato from my kitchen and I have loved watching it grow. It's so pretty and delicate, unlike my Better Boys that are down in the garden. Do you see those little red beauties near the bottom?
My square foot garden was recently attacked by deer. They ate all of my tomatoes, lettuce, the bottom half of my pole beans, and left only stems on my pepper plants. They also trampled everything else. It was interesting, though. They didn't touch the eggplant or broccoli. I had to chuckle to myself because I'm not an eggplant fan either. I was hoping I'd learn to love it by growing it. Anyway, I put up some fencing and it seems to be working. I still have hope that I'll get some tomatoes and peppers this summer.

2 comments:
What a beautiful little tomato plant - I can tell it's benefiting from your watchful eye and careful nurturing. I'm hoping my garden will thrive despite my lack of nurturing. But that would kind of be against the laws of nature now wouldn't it :D
Kristin
BOOOOO on the deers! Just let david know and I am sure he would be happy to come over and hit them with one of our cars. he hit three of them last year. They are some serious pests huh???
Post a Comment