

I finally completed my vision for Molly and Audrey's room. Well, it could still use headboards, throw pillows, wall art, etc. Those will come when I find good deals on them. We inherited green faux-finished walls with lots of holes in them. I painted the blue section and made the window treatments during one of the blizzards. Over the Fourth of July weekend we finally did the wainscoating. We created it by nailing up a wide strip of casing around the perimeter of the room. Then we cut 1/4 inch thick plywood into 1.5 inch wide strips, spaced them out on the wall, and painted it in a white semi-gloss. It was so much cheaper doing it this way instead of buying panels of beadboard. We would have needed about 9 sheets of it, but we only used 2 sheets of plywood. I am so happy with the way it turned out. Up next is Carolyn's room...stay tuned, I have some BIG plans!
5 comments:
brilliant. you are a genius. It is a beautiful room. You should do the artwork yourself! You are great!
Way, way, way cute!!! You are so crafty. Can't wait to see more! =)
Wow, beauiful. Love the wainscoting.
Wow that looks fantastic! Great job!
That is impressive. It looks great! I can't wait to see the other changes you make.
Post a Comment