Thursday, July 16, 2009

More About the House

We went into the office last night and did a few last initials on the contract. Our realtor, who has been in the business 20+ years was surprised that they took our offer and thinks we got a good deal. That made us feel great and I don't think he was saying it just to make us feel good.

So I thought I'd share a few of the things that made this house stand out from all the ones we saw:

1. The Lot. It's on a half acre (which is extremely rare around here), mostly flat (the slope is on the sides of the house), and has super tall, big trees that give it privacy and a cozy feeling.

2. The Exterior. It's just cute--not too big, not too small, and just has a quaintness about it. It reminds me of the house on the movie "Up."

3. The Mudroom. I've always wanted a mudroom--a place where all the bookbags, coats, shoes, hats, gloves, etc. can stay and not come into the house. A lot of houses had a room that they called a mudroom but it was really just a laundry room that you entered the house through and it had no room for anything but the washer and dryer.

4. Second Floor Laundry. Need I say more?

5. The Pantry. Wide. Deep. Awesome.

6. The Hall Bathroom. It has two sinks! I think that will be a very good thing when we have four teenage girls in our house.

7. Automatic Gas Generator. I didn't think anyone but Mormons had this level of emergency preparedness. Guess I was wrong.

8. Invisible Dog Fence. You know, for our invisible dog.

5 comments:

lmk1411 said...

The yard looks beautiful too! You'll have to post pictures soon. I'm not sure how many people you have follow your blog but when my friend went private, she had to go unprivate a couple of months later because you can only have a certain number of people allowed to view.

Jess and Jason said...

I can't wait to see the house in real life, and not just driving by it. (Which we did again yesterday...Jason had to see it too!)

I am laughing out loud about your invisible dog!

Unknown said...

We hope your move is going okay. We finished organizing the garage last night so that my car can get inside. As bad as moving is, I kept thinking about how much worse it is for you. We love you and hope all is going well. Love, MOM

leslie said...

Nichole where are you? how is your house? We can't wait to see it and you guys!

alpinekleins said...

Lucky! How did you all get an invisible dog?

Kristin