http://fiascofarm.com/dairy/yogurt.htm
I love how she says things like "if the milk is right out of the goat" and "feed it to the chickens."
Here's a fat-cutting tip: you can use nonfat yogurt in place of some of the oil called for in baking. In yeast breads, it makes it more chewy, which I really like. In quick breads, I would maybe only use it to replace half of the oil. It makes it a little heavier. Applesauce might be a better replacement in those recipes. Experiment and see what you like!
This is a picture of my yogurt and the I Can't Believe it's Reduced-Fat Whole-Wheat Banana Bread that I made last night. I clipped the recipe from the newspaper a little while ago. It was pretty good. My favorite banana bread recipe has a streusel topping but I guess this is healthier.

2 comments:
I am so proud of you for making yogurt!! I am still very nervous to try it...but I can do it. I would love to have that bread recipe.
You need to give background tiling credit to YOU! Beautiful kitchen for a beautiful cook! I am impressed with the recipes, things I will try.
Post a Comment