I love bargain shopping. I've saved my family thousands, maybe even tens of thousands over the years just because of the way I shop. I figure since I don't bring in any money I'll do all I can to save us money. I think that even when we have our millions (ha, ha) I'll still be clipping coupons and combing the store ads. It's just fun for me. So I thought I'd share my favorite deal that it looks like I'll be getting this week.
For those of you who might make the Bishop Cookies but don't want to spend the money on a bag of caramels, Rite Aid has them on sale this week for only 99 cents. The regular price is $2.99. This is the only time of year that they go on sale so I stock up. They also have Rite Aid brand jumbo pack diapers buy one get one free at $9.49, so it's less than $5 a package! And while you're there, you can also pick up some milk. A gallon of skim is only $3.09 (yes, three ZERO nine) but they were all out of it so I bought 2% for $3.39. And that's not a sale price--it's the regular price. I also got Dove shampoo, buy one get one free for $4.99 and I had a $2 coupon. They also had some pretty good deals with rebates but I'm not a fan of rebates so I didn't touch any of those. And here's what makes the deal even sweeter: we have a credit card that gives us 5% cash back on all drug store, grocery store, and gas purchases and 1% on everything else. How did we get that? We called to cancel our Sears card and they offered us that deal to keep it open. So we did. And we've saved hundreds, maybe thousands.

3 comments:
I think you should post the deal of the week every week - fabulous idea. And we can all reap the benefits of your scavenging :)
Maybe you were already thinking of doing this.
Thanks for the post. I stocked up on diapers last night. I got 2 packs of the training ones (we're not quite there yet with Kylie) but there was a $3 rebate on top of it. You've got to do the Rite Aid rebates they're the easiest. You just enter some numbers from your reciept online. It's all online and very easy. I love their free stuff every week. We have so much toothpaste and shampoo and conditioner saved up. I won't do Walgreen's rebates but Rite Aid's I love. We miss you guys and thanks for the carmel and diaper tips. I hadn't didn't know the good deals there!
p.s. Audrey's new bangs are cute :) It's good warning because Kylie's just started to get really into stickers.
You are my new shopping hero!
Post a Comment